Saturday, September 3, 2016

Ease & Mammon 5: Getting Out of the House


#2 -- Learn the old skills concerning food:  Grow your own food, either plants or animals or both and disconnect from our dependency on the "store". Canning, fermenting, raising chickens (meat + eggs), raising rabbits, bread making, nutrition basics, livestock and pasture knowledge.  Get ahold of Mother Earth News, books by Joel Salatin, Gene Logsdon, Foxfire books, Wendell Berry and any book on agrarianism.

( P.S.  Please don't misunderstand.  My family and I are NOT doing all my suggestions at this time, and only some of them are we even starting on, so please keep in mind I'm "preaching to myself" as well.  This culture needs to be "cut" out of us, and I believe that by the Spirit working through the Sword (i.e. the Scriptures) it can be.  Our God normally works through creational means to accomplish this -- meaning it doesn't just "mystically" happen -- and hence why I offer up what I believe to be biblical, real-life suggestions that we can get to work on as the Word directs us to do.
          I do hope they are encouraging ideas though, and ones that we can perhaps pray and work on to spread the Kingdom even more than it already is.  In doing so, I hope it helps calm our hearts, cast out fear, and send a tremor of dread through Satan as he hears the sound of axes splitting the wood of his front gate.   
         Please reference Ease & Mammon 3 to get the full background as to why I'm suggesting this measure.)


No comments:

Post a Comment