Friday, February 25, 2011

A creed we can all get behind...and push (over the cliff)

I believe in God who once was Almighty,
but sovereignly chose not to be sovereign;
and in Jesus, my personal Lord and Savior,
who loves me and has a wonderful plan for my life.
Who came into my heart when I asked him to,
and is now seated at the right ventricle of my belief in Him.
Who walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way,
and tells me I am His own.
Who shall come again in secrecy to rapture us out of here,
whose Kingdom shall last exactly one thousand years;
And in the Holy Ghost, who did some weird stuff at Pentecost,
but doesn’t do much anymore except speak secretly
to the hearts of individual believers.
And I believe in this local, independent, and powerless church,
insofar as it is in line with my personal interpretation of the Bible,
and like, ya know... does stuff!
In believer’s baptism for the public display of my decision for Christ,
and in giving my personal testimony for soul winning.
And I look for the identity of the Antichrist in the daily news,
and know that the Last Days are now (obviously!) upon us.

(I found this somewhere years ago, and added a tich here, and a tich there to spruce it up a bit.)

1 comment:

  1. Add this to the Sunday morning liturgy.

    As long as we have work on Youth Ministry. We can start by inviting this guy to help.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLGLBVSpBzY

    Mark

    ReplyDelete