Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Maiden Voyage

Welcome, one and all. So, let's see, here's my main aim for this outlet: it is to be a place for a variety of ideas to be presented and dialogued on that loosely revolve around the faithful, joy-filled living out of the the pracitcal, everyday, strenous, belly laughing, crabgrass pulling, diaper changing, sacred community struggling, coffee slurping, wife smooching, cruciform life. In a couple of words: church and family. (Though, the civil sphere will get to walk onto the diamond every now and then and get to play, but only when it brushes up against the first two in obvious ways.) I plan on posting on everything from my own children's catechism, to the best places to camp/hike, to Mormons, to why it's a liturgical act to take your Bible into the worship of the triune God (and not read it).

I want this blog to also be a "hub" for those in our Covenant Group (a home Bible study & prayer group) to come here to get links to articles for the biweekly gathering, and to recommend related books they may like to read in addition to the required material.

I'm also a member (in good standing) of a men's book group named Nimble Eutychus (see Acts 20:9), and I'm going to post/link our upcoming books to read on the sidebar >>> in order to make communication and ordering easier .

Beyond that, my plan is to post consistently at least one post per week so as to keep ya connected and maintain both your and my interest. Also, if anyone is curious, I've posted along the sidebar >>> favorite mags you should subscribe to, great blogs to read, what I'm currently reading, interesting films to watch, etc.

Well, I think that covers it, let's push off from the bank my friend and hang on...it's likely to be a bumpy, fun-filled, all-you-can-eat ride!

3 comments:

  1. It's great to see you doing this! I look forward to reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in from Amsterdam.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete